Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween HDS!!!

I am sorry it has been a little while since my last post, but I had some internet difficulties and I was without reception (truly cut- off from the world).

In keeping with the theme of all things spooky here are some images from my trip that reminded me of my favorite holiday - HALLOWEEN!


The locals make these scarecrows and place them at the top of apple trees in the orchard to keep the blackbirds from eating all the apples.




I discovered this stick bug while I was counting leaves on an apple tree branch. It's part of the praying mantis family and eats other bugs. It was about three inches long.


These very large yellow and black spiders  were busy spinning webs between the apple trees in the orchards that we were working in. We had to take extra precaution that we didn't walk into their large webs, or even worse, have one of those spiders fall on our heads while we were counting leaves!


And last, but not least ... That big spider that visited my room twice! 


The pictures really don't do this spider justice. It was about 5 inches in diameter and the body was about 3 inches long by  2 inches wide. Amazing and totally freaky to have hanging out in my room.

I hope that everyone has a frightfully fun day and that the HDS students get lots of candy!

See you Monday,

Mrs. Yagar



No comments:

Post a Comment